There is a reason why at some of the road-side stops, I only walk around and stretch my legs, but refuse to drink or eat, even if I could certainly use a bit of both. Because it is a 10-step process to get anything in my mouth.
1. Release right-hand glove velcro straps (2).
2. Release left-hand glove velcro straps (2).
3. Pull out sunglasses.
4. Release motorcycle helmet buckle.
5. Pull off helmet.
6. Stuff the sunglass in one of the gloves, and stuff gloves in helmet so they don’t get blown away or misplaced.
7. Find a flat surface (ground usually) and put helmet on it so it doesn’t get blown off.
8. Pull off balaclava off face. (Before you panick, the face below is not mine, but of a fellow overland motorcyclist.)
9. Feed self with water and snacks.
10. Reverse steps 1-8 to get ready for the ride again.
I won’t bother you with the steps involved in dealing with nature calls.
That is why sometimes I try feed myself chocolate this way. Enjoy your ginger-bread cookies, everyone!!